Monday, July 31, 2017

Makenzi Fisk's Intuition Series Coming to Thunder Bay.





Mckenzi and her partner Tracy at Factor Lake. 

I love Makenzi Fisk's sentences. They are short, punchy and, allied with good pacing, move the story along. Just what you want in a mystery, right?

And I only had time to read the first third of the first book!

I was lucky to spend time with Makenzi Fisk at her camp at Factor Lake near Atikokan. Makenzi is the editor and publisher of Mischievous Press but she is also an award winning mystery writer.

Her Intuition Series includes Just Intuition, Fatal Intuition and Burning Intuition.



My time at the camp was too short to read the entire book. I was busy writing, canoeing, fishing, swimming, sauna, a trip to Atikokan to eat some famous fries (I had poutine), visit the canoe factory and meet poet Jameson Kooper. Not to mention talking to Mackenzi about the book biz, playing with the cat and dog, picking raspberries and eating great food. Oh that butter chicken!

Makenzi is also the publisher of Canadian Shorts, a collection of short stories to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. All proceeds from this book go to the Canadian Council of Refugees. The stories in the book were chosen in a cross-Canada contest. Thunder Bay's Marion Agnew, won a place, with her sharp and sweet story, A Map of the Moon.


Marion Agnew, will sign Canadian Shorts which contains her award winning story, A Map of the Moon.

Both Marion and Makenzi will be at Chapters August 5 from 1-5, to sign books.

I wil be there too. First, because I also have a story in Canadian Shorts.  But mainly because I want to buy Just Intuition, the book I started at Factor Lake.








No comments:

Post a Comment